– The FOREX market gives traders liquidity, wide variety of choice and accessibility which is unmatched by any other market. With the technology we have nowadays you can trade from any computer, smartphone or a tablet 24/5 Monday to Friday. What makes the Forex market so special is the fact that forex is an OTC market. OTC stands for Over – The – Counter, which means all transactions are being processed through a network of dealers worldwide unlike an exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange which is centralized in USA and depends on local banks, U.S. financial regulations and working hours. This gives great flexibility to people who want to trade financial assets on the other side of the world. Therefore, traderes have the freedom of choise – when and what to trade. Another major advantage which FOREX market has is the option for traders to open buy and sell positions on financial instruments without physically owning them. This provides more trading opportunities unlike the more traditional markets like stock exchanges.
Another big difference is the trading time frame forex market has. With the exception of weekends, the FOREX market is open 24h compared to the more traditional markets with predetermined open – hours after which no trades can be placed.
There are three major trading sessions: the Asian, the European and the US sessions. The market is traditionally most volatile at the beginning and close of trading sessions. Normally, every trading session sees an increased number of transactions in its respective currency. For example, GBP is traded mostly during the London session while the Japanese yen is traded mostly during the Tokyo session
– Low spreads between bid and ask prices.
– option to trade with leverage which can increase your buying power up to 500 times higher than your balance.
– Being able to trade 24/5
– Unmatched by any other market liquidity.
– Lack of centralized control which gives freedom of choice
– Being able to use automated trading systems
With Merit Forex you can trade all currency pairs with low spreads combined with instant order execution.