1. FOMC Member Quarles Speaks
Due to speak about insurance regulation at an online event hosted by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners International Insurance Forum...
26 May 21 (Wed)
- I do not dismiss the risk of higher inflation
- Fed should not be rigid in its policymaking or lose sight of future shifts in the economy
25 May 21 (Tue)
US: CB Consumer Confidence Index declines to 117.2 in May vs. 119.2 expected
US President Joe Biden to hold summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin June 16 in Geneva: White House
1. German IFO Business Climate
The German IFO Business Climate Index will be published today. The index based on a survey of manufacturers, builders, wholesalers and retailers and it meas...
Fed Brainard: Some bottlenecks and supply chains are contributing to inflation
Prices are rebounding from pandemic lows and some price increases are linked to a surge in demand,
24 May 21 (Mon)
The US Dollar was under pressure last week. The minutes from the Federal Reserve last policy meeting revealed there was more talk of tapering its bond purchases than investors had expected....
CHINA VICE PREMIER LIU HE SAYS TO CRACK DOWN ON BITCOIN MINING AND TRADING ACTIVITIES
21 May 21 (Fri)
Lagarde: Given Uncertainty, Divergence, Supportive Policies Remain Necessary For Months To Come
Canada Retail Sales Data
The Canada Retail Sales are expected to come out at 2.3% m/m in March, while core retail sales are expected to rise to 2.2%.
1. Manufacturing PMI Numbers
Focus on a report on activity in the manufacturing sector.
German Manufacturing PMI will be announced and it is expected to come out at 65.9 while E...
Jobless Claims 4-week Average
Claims 444K, Exp. 450K, Last 478K
20 May 21 (Thu)
1. ECB President Lagarde Speaks
Due to participate in a panel discussion about gender-related topics in money and finance at an online conference hosted by the European Money and Finance...
No direct mentions of tapering in the text but it says this: A number of participants suggested that if the economy continued to make rapid progress toward the Committee goals, it might be app...
19 May 21 (Wed)
- The economy is falling short of the committee objectives
- Repo operations have become a valuable weapon in monitoring Fed funds rate by limiting pressures that might spill into un...
- Significant progress will take some time
- Market participants appeared to concentrate on momentum toward economic reopening as financial conditions eased somewhat
FED MINUTES: WILL BE SOME TIME BEFORE SUBSTANTIAL PROGRESS
The minutes of the FOMC meeting due Thursday is expected to provide investors with an insight into the Fed thinking on monetary policy.
The Fed kept its interest rate unchanged at 0.25% a...
- Market inflation expectations align with Fed outlook
- TIPS market gives confidence in inflation forecast
- Aware inflation process can get out of control
- Fed policy will n...
Crude +1.32MM, Exp. +2.0MM
It was the largest one-day percentage loss since March 12, 2020.
Euro zone inflation accelerated as expected in April because of a sharp rise in the costs of energy and services.
Eurostat said consumer prices in the 19 countries sharing the euro rose 0...
EU agrees to reopen borders to fully vaccinated travellers